Matthew McCoy DC, MPH
President & CEO
Founded by Dr. Matthew McCoy, McCoy Press is dedicated to publishing progressive, health related content that will help push the needed paradigm shift in health care in the right direction. We are all about rational, thoughtful and progressive discussions on the current health care crisis.
Our endeavors include:
· Health news updates
· Health related research updates and commentary
· Health related blogs
· Research journals
· Health related community forums and social networking
We believe that information, insight, knowledge and critical thinking are the only things that will lead us out of the crisis in health care. To that end we are dedicated to adding to this crucial discussion.
About Dr. McCoy:
A researcher, academic, lecturer and author, Dr. McCoy is presently an Associate Professor of Clinical Sciences at Life University where he was previously the Director of Research. He has 20 years of clinical experience having practiced in New York, Florida, Washington, and Georgia. He was the owner and Director of one of the first integrative health care centers in South Florida. He lived and worked in Russia and established the first chiropractic center in that country within a women and children’s hospital.
His educational background includes receiving his undergraduate degree in Organizational Management from Covenant College, a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Life University and a Masters of Public Health from Emory University with a concentration in Health Outcomes. He has extensive postgraduate training and certifications.
Engaged in an active research agenda, his current areas of interests include health outcomes research, pediatric research, prevention of chronic, lifestyle related diseases, personal health autonomy, and outcomes measurement in health care.
He has been actively engaged in health policy for over a decade and has been involved in evidence based guideline development and best practices initiatives since the early 1990’s.
Professional memberships and board service include:
· American Public Health Association—Active Member
· Vice President of the Council on Chiropractic Practice
· President of the International Spinal Health Institute
· Board of Directors of the American College of Addictionology & Compulsive Disorders
· International Chiropractor's Association—Active Member
· Council on Applied Chiropractic Science of the ICA—Active Member
· the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association—Active Member
· Georgia Council of Chiropractic—Active Member
· Academy of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Organizations—Founding Member
Dr. McCoy is presently Editor of the Journal of Pediatric, Maternal and Family Health, and the Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research.